Introducing GroupMe 4.0
Just like you, we love our app and use it all the time. We’re constantly looking for ways to improve it. Sometimes that means adding a feature, or fixing some bugs. Sometimes, it means taking a step back and looking at the bigger picture.
Six months ago, we took everything we had learned about how people use GroupMe – what worked, what needed to be fixed, what needed to be added or removed – and went to work.
Here’s what’s new:
Completely redesigned look and feel:
- Chats are front and center — and easy to read
- Photos in chats are big and beautiful
- Share your location or where you’re going with a small map
- Fast switching between conversations in the left drawer
- Huge avatars for your group and its members in the right drawer
- Tap any user’s avatar anywhere in the app to send a DM
- Now on iPad and iPad Mini — one of our most requested features!
- Starting a group is easier and faster than ever
- Invite people to your group with a simple URL you can post anywhere
- Newsfeed is cleaner, better and more relevant
- Faster performance on every device
- Rejoin groups that you previously left
We can hardly say how excited we are to get this app out there. Our team absolutely loves using it, and we think you will too.
Group Me has always been my go to app for group texting. The newest update to the app makes it even better!